Sunday 14 August 2011

Sunday carbooting finds...

I was happy to find these lovely lot on one of the last stalls I got to, after feeling a bit hard done by that I hadn't found anything too interesting, apart from the usual kids toys (..more dinosoaurs) and books..
 and this one
So many gorgeous iillustrations, here are a few...



 and my favourite story is from the 1960's book 'John and the Rocket'. Its a story of a boy who sneaks out with a firework rocket looking for someone to light it and when his dad finds him, rather than freak the hell out because his son has been walking about with an explosive, just picks him up takes him home and then lights it (about a foot away from where they are standing). Hmm childhood in the sixties....safe!


and finally, on a random note! These 20 odd jars of chutney and pickled beans were finally finished at 1am yesterday morning...all for the love of chutney!
Thats all folks, you can join in with thrifting adventures and check out other car boot loot on the blog  Her Library Adventures.

5 comments:

  1. I love those images especially the one with the smiling tree!

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool! i made some blackcurrant marmelade in the weekend. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    I love those childrens books, always a favourite find of mine is vintage childrens books!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog too :)
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, I'm a newbe of your blog.
    I love collecting childrens books also

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheers lovelies, there is something really special about old kids books, I just love the 'twee-ness' of 1950's books, especially Enid Blyton, its a glimpse into a world gone by.
    and welcome to Kate and Terry, thanks for stopping by! x Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...