Friday 28 September 2012

Craft Room Chaos, Cards....and Birdhouses

I have been eagerly and anxiously awaiting delivery of my printed greetings cards and business cards...and at last they have arrived!

I'm really pleased with how they turned out, the Owl cards in particular came out really well. Its hard to tell the difference between them and the original. 
 
and a congratulations card.
I had intended to get many more printed but it took me a crazy amount of time/faffing to work out how to reduce the file size and a bit of photo shop trickery to cover up blemishes from where they had scanned badly. I will definately be getting more done though! 

I've been making a batch of these cheery birdhouse hairclip holders this morning. They are also really handy for clipping freezer bag clips on too!

and here's a peek at the craft room chaos that has been building over the last week. I'm constantly dragging pieces of felt and cotton around the house and a certain little kitten, known as Stumpy, has been adding to it by playfully ripping open the bags of fabric scraps and leaving them strewn about too..oh joy!
These will all be up in the etsy shop...at some point...ahem (I'll get there eventually!)

Hope you're having a fab Friday
Love Dotty
xxx

oh...and I must give my little brother a mention. He is doing a sponsered Skydive today to raise money for two amazing charities. Go Stuey!!!!

I'm linking up today with Lakota from the faith, hope and charity shopping blog for Tah Dah Tuesday! You can link up too or jus have a mooch around at the other link up participants!



24 comments:

  1. Exciting and inspiring. They look so very lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to Stuey for being brave,
    hope it all goes well.

    The cards are wonderful.
    I love them all.

    Have a good weekend.

    ~Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Fiona! Poor Stu waited all day for the jump but the weather conditions were not right so he's got to try again in November! A bit chilly I reckon!

      Delete
  3. I love those cards, how wonderfully unique and cute! And I can't believe your brother will do that! I would freak out if I ever had to skydive. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I'm quite jelous actually, I'd love to do a skydive! Although I'm sure I'd change my mind once I got up there! :)

      Delete
  4. oh my you have been busy! that looks llike my sewing desk haha its so easily turns into chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cards are really cute and creativity lives in chaos...
    Good luck t oyour brother - what a wonderful thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I try to embrace the chaos...but I've really got to do some hoovering soon! x

      Delete
  6. Quanta coisinha linda por aĆ­! beijos,tudo de bom,chica( do Brasil)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh. Cutest Congrats card ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I love the fabric and I'm down to the very last scraps of it now..but it will forever live on in print! :)

      Delete
  8. Very cute cards..I really like the owl one :)
    Sounds like Stumpy is having a great time with the fabrics as well..cheeky :P
    What a really great thing for your brother to do! Is this his first skydive?
    Have a lovely day today x
    Magie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is his first skydive as he's always been a bit afraid of heights! My brother is quite physically disabled after suffering a hypoxic brain injury a few years ago but he is still as adrenaline crazy as ever! Unfortunately the jump didn't take place as planned last Sunday because the weather copnditions have got to be just right for it. It's rescheduled now for November...be a bit chilly up there by then I reckon! Thanks for your comment! x

      Delete
  9. Ooh the cards look fab, I'd never thought of scanning and printing collaged cards. I bet these will be really popular. I don't have girls but have long thought those hairclip holders are a great idea.

    Fingers crossed for your brother in November. I watched Point Break again the other day and was almost tempted to sign up for sky diving but the I came to my senses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh point break and the lovely Keanu Reeves..swoon! Whats put me off the skydiving is that he had to wait around all day..for over 5 hours only to be told he couldn't jump that day!! I got the cards done with moo.com and they seem pretty good quality. cheers x

      Delete
  10. Love all your owls! Great blog.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. the cards look so cute!! my cat is one nosy cat too...she is forever playing with my wools when i do some crocheting or knitting hehe...those birdhouse hairclips holders are adorable! Goodluck to your Brother!

    i'm blog hopping from ta dah tuesday :)

    susan (http://tea-diary.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I adore your makes! So so pretty!!! The cards are utterly beautiful and so fun too! (also blog-hopping from the Tah dah linkie!) wish my cards were as nice as these!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...