Tuesday 27 November 2012

A hoot at the craft fair

Firstly, I'd like to say thankyou for all your lovely and supportive comments on the last post! The little Christmas Craft fair was brilliant. I met a lot of fabulous folk and sold a lot of things! I ended up selling out of quite  few bits including the butterfly, dragonfly brooches and the birdhouse hairclip holders! I'm a happy bunny ...albeit a very busy one now as I try to replenish stock before the next fair on Friday..waaah!

Here's a pic of my little dotty pitch..

 The Owl folk all lined up and ready to go!

Also, somewhat randomly in the midst of butterfly and nest making I made this rather funky monster hat for Chloe's daughter to wear to her monster theme birthday party. Her ma has made her a most fabulous tail too! 



 and finally...what to do with this little thingmajig that I've made...?


 Its small, rather twee! and I'm not sure whether to sew it onto something bigger..or make it into a hair clip or brooch? Any ideas....send them on a virtual postcard to the Dotty one!

Take care and wrap up warm (or put your suncream on if your the other side!!)
Love Dotty
xxx




20 comments:

  1. your stall looks wonderful sweetie and so inviting! Glad you had a successful time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou, its so nice to have a social aspect to working rather than just being locked away in my studio for hours on end!

      Delete
  2. Damn, I haven't got any pics of the tails on my blog yet..... yep, I finished big sis's one too - can't wait to see them with everything on!! The hat is so fantastic, Milly will be so thrilled :-) As for the flutterby hey, you could always turn it into some artwork for my birthday, hint hint xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha! when is your birthday me dear!!?? I know Ive probably asked a billion times already but if you write it here I cant forget!!

      Delete
    2. Tomoro!! And I think (but I'm not terribly sure) I might be 39....

      Delete
    3. wehey! I've got a little something for you already ! :)

      Delete
  3. good to hear the fair was such a success. The butterfly is very pretty, looks like Chloe has made her claim for it, problem solved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the fair went well - love those butterflies!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! the butterfies have definately been a hit!

      Delete
  5. That looks like a fun Fair!!!!
    ... your nests are adorable, as is the way you have packaged them!
    Just gorgeous....
    D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! I'm really pleased with the boxes, they are all made from recycled cardboard and they are just very cute indeed!

      Delete
  6. So glad you had a good time at the fair ... your makes are beautiful ... I'm not surprised they were a sell-out ... happy crafting for the next one ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou Bee..so much crafting...so little time!!

      Delete
  7. Congrats, I am so glad you did well! I love your cute owls, and the hat is adorable. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yuo always make the lovliest of things : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...